vSphere Web Client isn't accessible after vCenter Server 6. upgrade logo

In my previous post vCenter Server 6.* Upgrade I described process of upgrading vCenter Server 6.*. Right after upgrade I noticed that I can’t connect to vCenter Server using vSphere Web Client. It was a bit odd behaviour but I wanted to fix it.

Error I saw in browser was the following:

Here is the wirgo.log located in C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\logs\vsphere-client.

In the logs there is one entry that is very interesting.

vSphere Web Client isn't accessible after vCenter Server 6. upgrade - 2

vSphere Web Client was running as NT Service\vspherewebclientsvc and it didn’t have correct permissions in C:\Program Files\VMware\vCenter Server\WebClient\server\work directory. Adding NT Service with full rights access to folder didn’t help as well. I changed it to main domain account (it could by any account with rights logon as a service and local admin rights on vCenter Server) and restarted vSphere Web Client.

Finally it started without any problems. I hope this might help someone else who might help same problem with vSphere Web Client and

vSphere Web Client isn’t accessible after vCenter Server 6.* upgrade – error 503 Service Unavailable
Rate this post
Wojciech Marusiak
Social Media

Wojciech Marusiak

Solution Architect at Alibaba Cloud
I am innovative and experienced IT professional with over 12 years in the IT industry.

My experience and skills have been proven by leading vendor certifications like AWS, Alibaba Cloud, VMware, and Microsoft. I contribute to IT community and I received VMware vExpert 2014 - 2017 and VMware vExpert NSX 2017 Award.

My blog wojcieh.net - was voted #43 in Top vBlog 2017 contest!

Do what you love, and you’ll never work another day in your life.
Wojciech Marusiak
Social Media

Latest posts by Wojciech Marusiak (see all)