In the next article describing vSphere 6.5, I will show you how to upgrade vCenter Server Appliance 6.5 to a newer version.
I will perform an upgrade of vCenter Server Appliance 6.5 (GA release) to latest available release which is vCenter Server 6.5.0b (5178943).
vCenter Server Appliance 6.5 update prerequisites
From my experience I suggest to perform two tasks: backup vCenter Server Appliance and take a snapshot. We will need as well vCenter Server Appliance update iso. Once downloaded simply mount it to VM.
Update vCenter Server Appliance 6.5
- Login to vCenter Server Appliance IP/FQDN VAMI URL – https://IP_OR_FQDN:5480 and type username and password.
- Once logged in go to Update and click Check Updates. In our case we will use CD-ROM. Click on it.
- VM CD-ROM will be scanned for vCSA update iso. It will take few moments to perform scan and later on we will see in the section Available Updates.
- Click Install Updates and Install CD-Rom Updates. Accept EULA and click Install to proceed with update.
- After few minutes vCenter Server Appliance update will be finished.
- The last step is to reboot appliance.
As you saw update of vCenter Server Appliance takes just a few minutes.
My experience and skills have been proven by leading vendor certifications like VMware Certified Implementation Expert 6 – Data Center Virtualization, VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Design, VMware Certified Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization, VMware Certified Professional 6 - Network Virtualization, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, ITIL V3, VMware vExpert 2014 - 2017 and VMware vExpert NSX 2017 Award.
My blog wojcieh.net - was voted #43 in Top vBlog 2017 contest!